Monday, April 30, 2012

Heavenly Hummus Wrap

There used to be a cute little cafe near my home that offered lots of vegan wraps and such. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irene flooded them out and they had to close down.  They had the best hummus wrap that I used to get all the time.  I thought about that place recently and decided to re-create the wrap.  Hummus does not last long around here, I honestly think I could live on it.  So I thought I better give this recipe a try before my new batch of hummus runs out!

Heavenly Hummus Wrap
Ingredients
(serves 6 small wraps)
3/4 cup garlic hummus
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 cup lettuce, shredded
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
(small) Tortilla wraps
Directions:
Combine onions, carrots, celery, cucumber and lettuce in a large bowl.  Add hummus and mix to combine.  Add 1-2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (depending on how much you like for taste), and mix.  Pile as much as you like on top of a tortilla wrap and enjoy!





This is a must try for any hummus lover!  It tastes *heavenly* :-)  I'm glad that there's lots leftover too, I'm already looking forward to more!

No comments: