Monday, July 30, 2012

Coconut Almond Joy Bites

If you read this blog entry before 7/31, you might have seen my long, drawn out post about a cleanse I started.  I wanted to separate my cleanse posts from the recipes.  I did this so that it's not so annoying to come here for a recipe and have to scroll down through lots of stuff you might not be interested in reading first.  ;-)  (By the way, I'm on Day 2 and it was a lot harder than yesterday.  I'm still going strong though!)


I made these last night because I had some leftover dates that I wanted to use and well, I knew they would come in handy when I was craving something sweet!  They're delicious!   


Coconut Almond Joy Bites
(yields about 20 bites)
Ingredients
2 cups fresh dates, pits removed
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut


Directions:
Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.


Place dates and almonds in food processor/blender and blend until a sticky dough forms.  


Add coconut and pulse to combine


Place dough mixture into medium bowl and knead with hands to fully combine all ingredients and get a good, sticky dough.


Press mixture into baking dish and evenly distribute


Refrigerate for one hour.  Remove from fridge and cut into bite sized pieces.



If you like these, you might also like my Peanut Butter & "Jelly" Energy Bars, and my Vanilla Almond Date Balls.

No comments: