Wednesday, March 21, 2012

(Vegan) Basic Bread Machine Bread

I think I mentioned in a previous post that this is my "go to" recipe when I want to make a loaf of bread.  I thought I'd post my adaptation of this recipe since it's Vegan, low-fat and I happened to be making a fresh loaf today!  


Basic Bread Machine Bread
(Yields 1.5lb loaf)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast




Directions:  Place ingredients in bread machine in the order listed.  Select the basic cycle and light crust.  (I'm sure bread machines vary, but my West Bend takes 2hr & 53 min to make this loaf).  Cool on a wire rack.

I pretty much can't go wrong with this recipe.  It makes a good sized loaf that's nice and crispy on the outside and soft/airy on the inside.  It makes a great sandwich bread.   As for storage, I've done some trial and error and have found that wrapping the bread lightly in cling wrap keeps it fresh for several days.  It doesn't usually last long anyway! ;)

No comments: