Monday, March 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Oh how I love cookie dough; and since I pretty much have [Vegan] chocolate running through my veins, the two mixed together are one of my favorite treats!   I remember eating cookie dough straight out of the Pillsbury package it came in when I was younger.  Of course I can't do that anymore because A) it's not Vegan and B) it's anything but "natural".   When I first became Vegan, one of the first things I did was research how to make Vegan desserts.   Should I be embarrassed to admit that? No, I don't need to know what I can eat for dinner tonight, just dessert thank you. :)

There are many Vegan chocolate chip cookie dough recipes out there, but this one is very easy to make with natural ingredients and so good!  Don't be fooled into thinking it can't possibly taste as good as the "real thing" based on the ingredients.  It somehow tastes just like cookie dough!

Adapted from Averie Cooks:


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
(yields 16-20 balls)
Ingredients
2/3 cup cashews
1/3 cup oats
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Vegan chocolate chips 

Place cashews and oats in food processor/blender, blend into a flour-like consistency.  Add maple syrup & vanilla extract.  Blend again until combined.  

Place mixture in bowl and add chocolate chips.  Mix with spoon.  Refrigerate mixture for up to 30 minutes (this will take the "stickiness" out of the dough and make it easier to roll into balls).   

Roll into balls and enjoy!   

I use Enjoy Life's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips (dairy, nut & soy free).  They only contain three ingredients:  Evaporated Cane Juice, Natural Chocolate Liquor (Non-Alcoholic), and Non Diary Cocoa Butter.  I've researched these ingredients and have not personally found anything wrong with them.  If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to share with me (although I might be devastated) ;)  


Okay, I'm off to devour some (more) of these!! :)

No comments: