Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pear-Walnut Salad

There's kind of a long story behind my inspiration for this salad.  It all began with an entire weekend of eating out with family at restaurants that were not entirely veg friendly.   I had to ask for a lot of menu substitutions, which I hate doing.  I'm shy about things like that.  I have to laugh at myself though because I honestly feel like Sally Albright from When Harry Met Sally sometimes when I'm ordering food.



One of the restaurants had nothing I could substitute so I ended up ordering a pear walnut salad and scarfed down about 5 dinner rolls with it.  I was starving and carb deprived!  ;-)    It was really good though! I knew I'd want to make my own, so this is my adaptation.  

Pear-Walnut Salad
(serves 1)
Ingredients
2 cups spring mix salad
1 cup fresh spinach
1 pear, sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
balsamic vinegairette (as much as you like)

Directions
Mix salad and spinach in a bowl.  Top with pear slices, walnuts & cranberries.  Add balsamic , toss to combine, and enjoy!

(click to enlarge)


No comments: